CC3 on Tablets

I have recently begun eyeing tablets, as I think by the time I am up for buying a new laptop it will probably be a tablet. My question is are there any plans to branch out into the tablet market? I know this is probably a "distant future" question, but just wondering if it is something that is being kicked around.

CC3 is probably one of the biggest reasons I haven't just jumped to tablets. It is a GREAT program and I want to make sure whatever I get will be compatible.

Thanks!

Nick

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    We've thought about tablet applications, yes, and have some ideas, but no more than that. Actual, full-fledged mapping will certainly remain the providence of Desktop or Notebook PCs for the foreseeable future (which is a rather short time these days).
  • I know that Windows 8 is supposed to support tablet computers.

I have 3 different e-readers and I've tried to put maps and adventures on them.

The bookmarking capability to switch between text and picutre files quickly and easily isn't on the 3 I've tried so far. But this is likely to improve.

So we'll see what the future brings.
  • Ralf:

I'm thinking the best bet would be a viewer rather than the actual design software.

As it is, there are a number of apps that will let you control a PC from a tablet
  • CNYGamerCNYGamer Newcomer
    Unfortunately, you won't be able to run CC3 on a Windows 8 tablet. Microsoft has already announced that pre-Windows 8 software written for x86 processors won't run on ARM processors.

As JohnStrasser pointed out there are desktop mirror programs for most tablet operating systems. For example, I use Splashtop on my iPad and it does a respectable job. That said, I wouldn't want to try to operate CC3 on a tablet. In my opinion you need the larger screen of a desktop/laptop and the fine motor control of a mouse or pen tablet to really run the program effectively.
  • How large a screen ?

There are 8.5 x 11 inch tablets in the works.