Annuals in another scale - How to modify sheet effects and bitmaps?

Hi all,

I would like to use the wonderful Annual overland maps in another scale, how do I change the sheet effects for best match.
For example: The Annual Herwin Wielink are designed for maps 1000x800 mile. But if i want to do a map in 100x80 mile, do I simply change Glow etc by x0,1?
How do i rescale bitmap graphics to proper scale?
Any suggestions or tips?

Best regards
C.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited April 2012
    You may need to experiment a little with the effects, but yes, dividing all the distances used in the effects by 10 is a good idea, since most of these are measured in map units.

To rescale bitmap fills, just click the fill style indicator near the top left, go to bitmap files, select the fill you wish to rescale, make sure that the "scaled" option is checked, and provide new values for it. Then hit the Save button to save the changes. Fill styles are configured locally in the map, so this is a safe procedure that does not affect other maps using this fill (If you wish to use it for more than one map however, you should probably make a new template with the rescaled fills in it, so you can base your maps on it instead of changing it manually in each map)

To make sure the symbols appear at the correct scale, open up the drawing properties and change the default symbol scale (again, divide by 10). (Note that you might need to right-click in the map the next time you place a symbol and select "set default", since this only changes the default scale, not the current. The scale will be correct next time you load the map though)