CC3 view problem

Hi, I'm using Campaign Cartographer 3 with Dungeon Designer. I'm new to it, I've been using it only for a week now.

The problem is that when I zoom in/out my map, random horizontal "wall" lines appear over the map (if I zoom in enough, they dissapear), and the truly annoying part is that when I convert it to an image, those lines are still there. Here is a link to a piece of the map where those lines appear: http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/6051/dibujoldq.jpg

There is any way to solve this problem? Thanks in advance :p

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    edited March 2012
    Is this only in the CC3 Viewer? Your thread title seems to imply that.

The bitmap fill of you background is scaled very small. Not sure your problem is connected to that, but you might want to try increasing the scale factor of that fill.

Can you post your map here (the FCW file), so we can take a look at it? It's hard to say what is going wrong from that little snippet.
  • I may have misspoken, the problem takes place in the normal window of CC3 where you edit the map, and in the image you get as result of saving it in an image format.

I have just tried increasing the scale factor, but the problem is still there.

I attached the map file to this comment, take a look at it if you want.
    Rereading the title, it can and should be read as "CC3 - view problem" of course. The viewer was just on my mind, so I thought you meant that, sorry.

Your problem stems from broken multipolies. See the attached screenshot, where I hid everything but the WALLS sheet and highlighted the problematic areas. There are probably gaps and/or overlaps in the paths that make up that multipoly, resulting in empty fill areas of the multipoly. The sheet effects consider these actual edges of the walls and produce the wall lines you see.

You'll need to explode those multipolies and clean them up. It's probably easiest to remove the fractalized portion and just redo it in one unbroken path. Then use Combine Paths to reconnect it to your interior walls.
  • edited March 2012
    FINAL EDIT

Nevermind, fixed, thanks a lot for your help.
  • I have my map that I have been working on. I have sent it to my player so they could use the viewer and take a look. But they can't open it. I have zipped and sent it and sent it raw. I am fully updated with CC3 and they are running CC3 viewer.
    How does "they can't open it" manifest? Do they get an error message, does stuff not display? Can you open the map in the viewer?

Make sure they have downloaded and installed the "DD3 bitmap artwork" also available from the free viewer page. As you used DD3 in making your map, they need this to view the map.
  • Does not open means the CC3 interface opens with nothing inside (black). No error messages.
    Can you post the map in question here?