FT3 Question -Land goes all the way across

Hi there,

I just purchased CC3 and FT3 and am having trouble when I create a random world in FT3. No matter what I do, almost 100% of the time the land goes all the way across my screen and every which way I turn the globe I cannot seem fix this view point. Is there a way to do this?

Comments

• jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    edited February 2012
    http://www.ridgenet.net/~jslayton/CGTutorial/index.html has some pointers on using FT. Especially check out the first few steps, including the Primary page of the World Settings property sheet and its "Land Size" slider.

If the land that goes all the way across your screen is at the top or bottom of the map, also consider changing the projection to one like Orthographic, which looks like a globe.

Another option would be to use a flat world rather a round one; the Planar Function Evaluation checkbox on the Fractal Function page of the World Settings property sheet controls that option.

I also recommend changing the Method option on that same page to "RMF with Perlin's Improved Noise" to avoid some visual artifacts that date back to the earliest days of FT's development.