Problems with bitmap fills

Hello,

1. when I try to switch to a new drawing tool style, no bitmap fill is loading. I of course import the fill styles, I can see them in the fill style menu but they are not loading in the drawing tools unless I reassign them one by one through the custom drawing tool. I guess I'm missing something here...

2. when I make a new DD3 map, the fill styles are always set on the lowest resolution (ex: Dirt Grey 1_VL.PNG). I have to reassign every fill style to the highest resolution file (ex: Dirt Grey 1_VH.PNG) and even donig this sometimes doesn't work, from time to time, there are some fill styles I can't change, they automatically reset on the lowest resolution file despite several tries. I don't know what to do...

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    1. This happens sometimes because the fill styles does not get the appropriate ID when you import them. I have seen this in a few templates, but it should work fine in most cases. Unfortunately, for when it doesn't work, I don't have a workaround other than to manually fix them.

2. Don't bother what the file name in the fill style dialog say. CC3 will switch between the qualities dynamically depending on your zoom level, no matter what is listed in this box.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Regarding 2: And if you want to always see the highest resolution, click the Display Speed button and set a Fixed Resolution of Very high.
  • Fixed resolution was indeed what I was looking for, the screen display of my maps look a lot better now, thank you :-)