Is it possible?

What I am trying to figure out is if it is possible to import a section of a FT3 world (region map) into CC3 and then convert it to an existing map style. I'm not terribly familiar with how CC3 works, but I can follow directions if they exist. I can already select the area I want in FT3, and exoprt to a CC3 file, then open the file in CC3. What I am trying to avoid if possible is tracing the landmass, and drawing rivers by hand. I can add everything else once this is done. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• ALAIN you cant "convert" a map to another "style". What you CAN do is click in Edit --> Change Propriets and then select what you want to chance (like the style of tha land sheet) and you are done.

Mateus
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The basic way to convert a map to another style is to copy the entities from the old map to a new map based on the new style. Then right click on the Change Properties button, and use the command Change as Draw Tool. This will let you change an entity into the style used by a drawing tool in that map. Note that you will need to do this manually with all your entities, there is no completely automatic procedure to do this, but unless you have a very large number of different types of entities, this isn't really time consuming. Note that as with most CC3 commands, you can d multiple entities in one go, for example all the landmasses, as long as they should end up using the same drawing tool.

Note that to use this method with an FT-export, you'll wish to use a rather basic export, such as coastline only, as you definitely do not wish to having to manually do this to each contour line.
  • 24 days later
  • Ok, but how do you copy entities from one map to another? It seems to me there can only be one map open at a time.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Opening several instances of CC3 is the easiest way to handle that. Or, since you copy the entities to the clipboard, you can copy from the source map, then simply open the target map in the same instance and past it in. This latter option works fine if you only need to do one copy operation, otherwise the multiple CC3 instances is the best way to go.