CD3 without CC3

According to the ProFantasy website, I can use City Designer 3 without having Campaign Cartographer 3. How?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    You cannot use CD3 itself without CC3, but you can use all the bitmap symbols from CD3 (which is a considerable amount of symbols) in other software. When you install CD3 without having CC3 installed, it will install all the symbols in a folder on your hard drive (configurable during installation), from where you can access them with other programs. The symbols are in png format, so most other programs should be able to use them easily.

This is detailed here
  • 2 months later
  • edited April 2012
    Ah. That'll learn me to assume "Use Without CC3" means it can work as a standalone program. Guess I'll have to wait until I have money again so I can get CC3 as well.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    If that is likely to be a while away, I would suggest that you contact ProFantasy and ask if you can pay the difference (£2), and get your CD3 serial exchanged for a CC3 one. If they're ok with that, you get a program you can use now, instead of waiting.
    If you wish to design cities with CD3, you should learn the CC3 basics first in any case, so this allows you to get to know the program properly while you wait for the money to buy CD3.