Dungeon Designer 3

Hello all, I had a quick question about Dungeon Designer 3. On the examples page, I like the example of The Tendril's Oak Inn. I was wondering if making that exact map is possible with what comes standard in Dungeon Designer 3, or if it requires some additional resources.

My goal is to make some nice outdoor battlemaps that could transition to inside a house. Can these be done in the style shown in that example picture with just this add-on and no other symbol resources? I would like to know this before I spend $80 on the CC3 and DD3.

Thank you for all your help.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Almost. The bitmap fill used for the Hay is not available in core DD3, but everything else in that map is.

That particular map is actual part of the Cartographer's Annual, March 2007 to be exact. That issue gives a lot of details on how that particular map was made, but you don't need to own the annual to draw an identical clone of that map (except for the hay fill, which accompanies the annual)
  • Thank you Monsen, that was exactly the answer I was looking for.
  • Oh, one last question. I read the liscense agreement and it seems to say you can sell maps (like in a map pack or an adventure path) that you make with the CC artwork and symbols, you just cannot sell the symbols or thing like tilesets. Is that correct?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Yes, that is correct. You are allowed to sell any map you make with CC3, as well as include these maps in other commercial products. However, note that a Dungeon map-pack might fall under clause (iii) in the license agreement, which means you should contact ProFantasy before going ahead. Using dungeon maps accompanying your adventure is not an issue though.
    If you are the least bit unsure if you product falls under clause (iii), you should contact ProFantasy directly to make sure you are in the clear.