Creating world map for the Scarred Lands

Hello folks, a few questions.

1. I am completely new to CC3 so any help to get started would be wonderful. Please list links, tutorials, etc. I am not a software kind of guy so any help is appreciated.
2. I am trying to make a map for the Scarred Lands campaign setting, a d20 setting from Sword & Sorcery. Their books maps are horrid and I want to have a map with all the information from the books in one place plus create a whole world map although I'll be starting with one continent. Has anyone created this before and willing to share?
3. After I create the continent I want to zoom in and detail more just the southwest for example. How do I go about doing that?

Thank you for any help. It is appreciated.
hyulf

Comments

• 1. Search in here for various member's tutorial location postings. A numbedr of us also answer questions.
    2. I haven't made such a map. Have you tried a web search ?
    3. You can create small detailed maps, part of the larger one. Various tutorials has been mentionedin here for that as well.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited January 2012
    1. If you haven't done so already, make sure to read the complete manual (Not just the "essentials" guide). It is full of tutorials. Also, the User Tutorials page is full of good ones.

3. The chapter on editing with drawing tools on page 46/47 of the manual contains the basics of what you need for this operation.
  • Thank you for the responses.

Yes, I've tried a web search and after 3.5 went away, most of the websites dealing with Scarred Lands, maps, info, etc. went away. So it appears I am going to have to do this from scratch.

And I'll start working my way through the tutorials.

Thank you again.
    hyulf