Symbols in October 2011?

Could someone tell me if there are palm tree or other jungle symbols in the October 2011 issue of the annual, and if possible post a sample or a small map that uses them? I don't want to buy the annual then find out it doesn't have the symbols I need.

I'm looking for fairly simple hand drawn jungle stuff - I have symbol set one, but the palm trees there are too detailed, and sadly the Sarah Wroot stuff doesn't come with jungle symbols.

Comments

• I just checked - the October 2011 #58 Treasure Maps annual does NOT come with any palm tree or jungle style symbols. Perhaps we can persuade Ralf to make us some as a bonus? :)
  • Thanks for checking. Also that seems really odd given that the map it's based on is covered with the things.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Here's a little trio of palm trees for the Treasure Map style.
  • Thanks a lot Ralf, but can someone tell me where I put the files?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Wherever really, you just need to use the "Open Symbol Catalog" button on top of the symbol catalog to browse for it in any case.

I don't have CC3 in front of me, but I suspect the other CA58 catalogs are somewhere inside #Symbols\Maps\SomeAppropriateSubfolder (Where # is your CC3 installation directory).

To make these symbols easier accessible, I would consider just adding the extra symbols from this catalog into the normal CA58 Vegetation catalog though. Editing symbol catalogs is covered in the manual.
  • Thanks for the tips Monsen, I will see if I found how to merge the two files.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    The "CA58 Vegetation.FSC" catalog is in cc3\Symbols\Maps\Treasure Maps. Open it up in CC3 (as a file, not in the catalog window), then go to Symbols > Symbol Manager > Import. Select the fsc file I posted here and click Ok. Save the catalog. The new symbols are now in the old catalog.
  • 26 days later
  • Posted By: RalfThe "CA58 Vegetation.FSC" catalog is in cc3\Symbols\Maps\Treasure Maps. Open it up in CC3 (as a file, not in the catalog window), then go to Symbols > Symbol Manager > Import. Select the fsc file I posted here and click Ok. Save the catalog. The new symbols are now in the old catalog.
    Thank you.
  • 2 months later
  • Posted By: RalfThe "CA58 Vegetation.FSC" catalog is in cc3\Symbols\Maps\Treasure Maps. Open it up in CC3 (as a file, not in the catalog window), then go to Symbols > Symbol Manager > Import. Select the fsc file I posted here and click Ok. Save the catalog. The new symbols are now in the old catalog.
    Only now I have tryed it. When I click import the plams dont show in the manager, and if I click ok after import it also dont show. What I can be doing wrong?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Seems to be a little oddity with the symbol manager, because they don't show in mine either after following the steps.

However, if I click the "Symbols in Drawing" button after closing the symbol manager, they are there. And if I just save the file, then reopen it, they are in the symbol manager too.
  • Posted By: MonsenSeems to be a little oddity with the symbol manager, because they don't show in mine either after following the steps.

However, if I click the "Symbols in Drawing" button after closing the symbol manager, they are there. And if I just save the file, then reopen it, they are in the symbol manager too.
    i will reinstall the annual and try it I have messed with the Vegetation archive...)
  • Posted By: MonsenSeems to be a little oddity with the symbol manager, because they don't show in mine either after following the steps.

Thanks again Monsen. Now I could add them.