Annual 2011's Jon Roberts Overland style

I really like the way this style looks, my question is, to 'remap' my fantasy world in it, would I have to completely redo it, or would I be able to, say, go into properties (after having downloaded the annual) and selecting the fill style from the annual? I hope this makes sense and someone can help me...

Comments

• jaerdaphjaerdaph Traveler
    edited January 2012
    I have found the process of converting from one mapping style to another is usually a combination of changing properties for some things and redoing others from scratch.
    A few years ago I made a map in the Sarah Wroot style of Avalon, an island kingdom in the 7th Sea/Swashbuckling Adventures universe. I later decided to change to a Mercator style. I started a new Mercator style map with the same dimensions as my Sarah Wroot map, copied the continents from the original Sarah Wroot with Copy to Clipboard to the new map, drew a "dummy" Mercator continent so I could use Info -> List to discover the properties (color, sheet, layer, fill style, line width etc.) of the entities making up the continent*, changed the Sarah Wroot continent entities to match the Mercator style continent entities with Change Properties (and deleted the "dummy" continent), redrew any symbols for the mountains, settlements and forests from scratch.

So depending on what you want to do and how complex your map is, it can be relatively painless or a a complete pain in the butt.

*Keep in mind that a continent may consist of multiple entities in CC3 - like a solid land mass surrounded by a hollow fill outline, each with their own distinct properties.
  • jaerdaphjaerdaph Traveler
    edited January 2012
    Original Sarah Wroot Avalon map:
    glamour.png

Mercator Avalon map:
    glamourm2.png
    Note I moved some things (like the city of Kirkwood) in the second, later map.
  • Cool, so since I haven't done much on my map yet, I should probably do it soon before I do anymore on it. Thanks!