Breaking up a Polygon

Is there a way to break up a single polygon into two polygons? I've played around with a few of the things on CC3, but I can't seem to find a way to do this.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Use the Split image and/or Break image command on it. The first time you use the command, the polygon will be reduced to a line. Make sure to apply the command again on another point of the line, so that you end up with two separate lines.

Now use Path to Poly on each of the lines to convert them back into a polygon. You'll find this command by right-clicking the Explode image button.

I have had some problems with smooth polygon when I did this. The solution is basically to use Smooth to straight on it after cutting, then Path to Poly, then Straight to Smooth on the resulting polygon. You'll find all these commands by right clicking Explode.
    Also note that a smooth polygon might need to have a node or two added to get the correct shape at the point where you split them.
  • Ah, thought it was that one, but couldn't for the life of me figure out how to do it. It's not very intuitive when it gets reduced to a line poly. Thanks!
  • 11 days later
  • I have always wondered how breaking a polygon could be done on the level of each side. It is not that easy to manipulate actually and can sometimes make for a harder processing when it has all settled down.

Use the split or break command though they could also be used in conjunction with each other and see how you can play through it from there. It should be relatively easy and direct.