CD3 and generating floorplans

Hi all,

I'm working with City Designer, laying out some town plans, and wanted to create some floor-plans,

However, when I use the automatic floor-plans tool the plans come out too small (by a factor of three or so).

It is also apparent that the floor-plans seem to be using feet and inches where my master map is working in meters (which would perhaps fit the scale factor error of approx. one third).

Is there any way to make this tool work with my drawing, or am I going to have to scale up all of my plans when I create them?

Comments

• Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    As long as you are using the same units for both the main map and the template, it will work. Extract these files into \Templates\Cities\Floorplans, and you'll see a metric template in the Floorplans options.
    Temp.zip 360.5K
  • Simon,

Your new template also seems to be in imperial units? Indeed, looking through the options, all of the floorplan templates seem to use imperial units.

I am pretty certain that I used a metric template for my drawing, but is there any way to check after the fact (I think I used a custom layout with Bitmap B, Metric)?
  • Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    edited November 2011
    Sorry! I don't know how that happened. Here is the metric version - overwrite the other one. Edit the text file to say "Unit: Metre"

All the floorplans apart from this one do use imperial.

To change the units of any template make a copy of the template and associated PNG and TXT files in the folder and rename them the same, open the FCT drawing, select File >> Drawing Properties, Drawing Units and change the Units to metric (no rescaling). Save.