Global Math Tool

I'm looking for detailed information on the Global Math Tool. I understand essentially how it works, but I suspect this could be a very powerful tool if only I knew what to do with it. In other words, what are some of the cool things it can do?

I realize the answer is probably beyond the scope of a forum post. Are there any threads/websites/tutorials that cover this?

Comments

• jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    edited November 2011
    I have used it to play around with some ideas without writing code, but it's mostly a nifty toy for users to play with. As far as its general usefulness, that's pretty much up to the end user.

If you've done a burn in to surface operation on your world (that is, all of the altitude information is in the offset channel), then it can do useful things like exponentiation and scaling instead of just the usual offsets (which it can also do). Another use is that you can transfer channels if you're of a mind to.

I haven't seen any tutorials out there that make use of the tool, suggesting strongly that it's not a commonly-used feature.
  • Thanks for the response. I guess I'll just have to play with it more and see what it can do. It still sounds intriguing.