Trying to install value pack for annuals and getting "Run-time error '75': Path/File access error

This is on the "MenuConfig" dialog at the end. I'm going to guess that I'm missing out on something here, but I don't know what.

What do I do to correct this installation issue?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Did you try to run the installer by right-clicking on it and selecting "Run as admin"? You have the latest CC3 patch installed as well?
  • Are you installing into C:\Program Files\ ?

WIn7 and Vista security settings don't like some installs in there. I installed CC3 on my computer into C:\Profantasy\CC3\
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    On which installer exactly does this happen? Does the installation complete successfully, i.e. can you access the Annual content from CC3?
  • 6 days later
  • Posted By: JimPAre you installing into C:\Program Files\ ?

WIn7 and Vista security settings don't like some installs in there. I installed CC3 on my computer into C:\Profantasy\CC3\
    NO - C:\Profantasy - I'm following all of the BAU installation tricks for Profantasy software.
  • Posted By: RalfOn which installer exactly does this happen? Does the installation complete successfully, i.e. can you access the Annual content from CC3?
    Ralf, it's failing on ALL of them (i.e. all of the yearly annual bundles fail with this message at the end).

Content is SORT-OF available; symbols, PNGs, textures etc get installed, but my menu is screwed up, I get error messages when trying to create the month's topic (whatever that may be) "no drawing tool defined", etc, and some of the drawing results are pretty hideous (like some of the settings for drawing tools just don't visually look right.

I have a feeling that none of them are really installing correctly, so even though assets are there and are available, drawing styles and such - the tools used for then creating maps using those assets - do not appear to be working correctly.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    I assume you have already right-clicked the setup files and used the "Run as Admin" option?

If you open your CC3 folder and run CC3ConfigMenu.exe manually, does that work?

Can you give me an example where the drawing tools are messed up? Please make sure you start a map on the style in question first, before trying the tools.
  • Ralf, yes, I was running setup as Admin.

I'll try the CC3ConfigMenu tonight when I get home and will send you screenshots of what I am seeing. I *AM* starting a new map with the predefined style selected, it's that which is causing the strange behavior that I am witnessing. I'll take lots of screenshots, as I am sure the visuals will help.