Help!!!!!!!! Cosmographer Layer/Sheet problems with Deckplans

Help
Cosmographer 3 is driving me nuts!
I've tried a variety of programs including some top end 3d stuff but never have I been so wound up by trying to do a seemingly easy task!
I assume if I create a deckplan then bulkheads go on the bulkheads sheet, decks go on the deck sheet etc.

Here is my problem...
If I select to draw a bulkhead Cosmgrapher selects the deck sheet.
I open up the sheet menu and select the bulkhead and check its ticked.
I then check the info windows says S:Bulkhead
I draw the bulkhead...
Then when I hide the bulkhead sheet the bulkheads remain because the stupid program has still put it on the deck sheet!!

What is the point of seperate sheets if the program just ignores your wishes anyway?
This is most irritating and bordering on me going for a 14 day refund. Two hours to try and draw one sodding line is not very effective!

Steve C

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited October 2011
    Drawing tools are by default set up to use the sheet set in the drawing tool, not your current sheet.
    It is set up this way, because it is way to easy to forget to change sheets when you draw something, which would lead to tons of entities on the wrong sheet, which would really mess with effects and entity order. For most maps, it is better to let the tool choose rather than the user. You can override this behaviour by checking the "Insert on current sheet" option when you are in the select drawing tool window (Accessible by clicking the All drawing tools button, or by right-clicking most of the drawing tools buttons)

That said, if your bulkheads are set up to use the DECK sheet, that is quite possible a bug. I checked my installation, and the bulkheads for the vector style map were set up to go to the DECK sheet, while the tools for the bitmap style map was set up to use the BULKHEAD sheet as expected, so I do assume this is a bug, and not intended.
    To fix this, right click on the bulkhead button, then click the Advanced button. Now, for every bulkhead tool in the list, hit the properties button, and change the sheet from DECK to BULKHEAD. Save changes when prompted. This should fix the tools.
  • Thanks for that!
    I went in advanced properties and found the bulkhead tools were specifically aiming for deck sheet and deck layer...fixed it now!!!
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Btw, since you got into this problem, you seem to be using the vector style "Cosmographer Deckplan". Have you tried "Cosmographer Deckplan Bitmap"? It gives much prettier results.
  • It's kind of super sized hull so I chose to use the vector style as I'm making the deck plans more like "plans" than actual artwork.
    I've got a 3d model that I use in a short story series only I'm trying to avoid continuity errors such as moving the sick bay up and down floors etc!!