Printing map to 8x11 and right hand side is cut off

when I print out my map, the border on the right hand side is getting cut off. It's like it's got a permanent 1 inch margin on the left side and I can set the margin on the right. It just pushes the map right off the edge. Printing as Landscape.

Is there a place I can set the alignment of what I'm printing or my margins?

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    You might want to zoom the map as large as possible (use Zoom Window), then print the "Active View" instead of "Everything". If the map has a screening border (white as the background), printing "everything" will try to print that too.
  • Ooooh, okay I'll give that a try. Thanks!
  • This tip was just what I needed. I've now learned that Margins, for printing, are controlled by the white background outside the maps border in your view. Even when printing the Active View. So I resized my view window it self (on a laptop so my screen's wide) and played with the zoom until the white around my map was nearly gone. Now when I print, it's printing exacly how I want as I just imagine that I'm setting the margins with the white background. I did use "Print Active Window" as my print option.

Holly tomato! This map looks awesome! Nearly complete and it's my first map.

I have to tell you, as a GM for Role Playing, I hate, loathe, despise modules. There's such little room for creativity in running a game. Which is how it's supposed to be to simplify things for other types of people out there. My favorite way to run a game is to first, build a map with only a vague story idea, or none at all. Then let the map I build bring out the story in full.

Thanks for helping me make this MUCH more visual than my hand sketched maps in the past! yay!
  • @jackelmeyer - I understand your feeling regarding 'Forth Sedition" modules & the fix is simple..... Try another game such as BRP, Runequest, Savage Worlds, Pathfinder, Ars Magica, etc.