Clipboard

Hi all, I'm looking for help. I'm trying (with no success) to copy and paste a selection of one of my maps to make a more detailed area map. I understand that this is a common newbie problem, and I'll keep plugging away at it. the problem is though - I've somehow managed to copy a piece of the map onto my clipboard and can't get rid of it. How do I purge my clipboard?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Purging the clipboard shouldn't make any difference, but if you really wish to do that, there is a small tool in your windows\system32 folder, called clipbrd.exe, which lets you view and empty your clipboard. (Not sure if microsoft still includes this on Vista or 7 though, I only have XP here to check)

The most common beginner problem when copying in CC3 is forgetting to specify the origin coordinates. If you look at the command line, after selecting the entities and executing "Do It", you'll see that CC3 asks for the origin coordinates of the copy. If you don't supply these, the copy is aborted, and nothing ends up on the clipboard. To supply this coordinates, just click on the appropriate spot in the map. Unless you have a spesific need, somewhere in the middle of the are you are copying is good.
  • Cheers. I am getting frustrated with this. I can't get this copying thing. I thought it would be easy to take a section and expand on it. I was hoping to get proficient with the software and maybe branch out to FT 3 and maybe CD 3 in the new year, but at this rate, I'll be drawing my maps with crayons. I recently gave up on the Valedale tutorial about a third of the way through. What a Luddite!
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Have you tried working through the tutorials in the manual? I believe they are a better starting point than going directly to the Valedale tutorial.