Just got Fractal Terrains Pro

I've been hearing about Fractal Terrains for years but never looked at it. Partly because I didn't really know what all it could do and partly because I assumed it would be extremely difficult and time-consuming to become proficient with its use.

Then yesterday, I saw a tutorial using FT, Wilbur, and Photoshop that really impressed me. I took the plunge, bought a copy of FT, and started playing around. I got through the first page of the tutorial I mentioned (all FT up to that point), deviating constantly to try out various features. I am now a complete fan and can't wait for FT3!

Here is a sample of what a complete novice can accomplish in just a few hours:

Comments

• Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    It looks good. What fractal settings did you use?
  • I started out with the exact settings used in the tutorial I linked (Wilbur Ridged Multifractal, 0.79 Roughness, 10% Sea, Landmass Size: 3.84, etc) followed by lots of Incise Flow, Basin Fills, and manual raising/lowering of terrain. The colors may seem a bit extreme, but I really like the "globe" lighting. : )

The program is so easy to use, all you really need to do is click new and adjust a few settings to personal taste and you have a beautiful landscape for any campaign. Awesome job on this program!