Help Exporting FT Map (Demo Version) to CC3

Hi all,

I'm new to the site and have been poking around for a few days, and recently bought CC3 and am using the Fractal Terrains Pro Demo Version 2.2. I've been having some problems exporting maps into CC3, even after watching most of the tutorials (including the specific ones here: http://bit.ly/pUpPpz). I've worked though most of the demos, and I'll try to attach as many helpful screen-shots and files as I can, starting with the rough overview of my world and the version of FT I'm using ("Fractal Terrains World Info and Version Information.pdf").

It seems I'm limited to one attachment per post, so I'll just list what I have available to post if it'd be helpful.

The issue is that I've created a world in the Fractal Terrains Demo that I would like to use for a D&D 4e campaign, of which I'd like to make maps of the regions/continents as need be.

The issue is that when I export into CC3 using any of the standard methods, I get very poor quality results. Even when turning the detail slider up to "Fine" in the CC2 export settings, or when I export multiple files, the result in CC3 is a rough, low quality map, sometimes with hyperlinks that simply go to a black screen.

Please let me know what I'm doing wrong, and how I can get back on the right track. Thanks for your time!

Bryan

Comments

• Jpg is very lossy.

Export just the maps, bring them up in CC3, save as bmp or png.
  • I'm not sure I understand what you mean, sorry. This is what I'm doing:

Loading the world in FT

1.) File -> "Export World" -> "Multiple Files";
    2.) Select "Generate CC2 Files" -> "Europe Export"
    3.) Make 3 Levels worth of maps (65 total)
    4.) Save to a source folder, hit OK

When I load those maps in CC3, they are very low def, and trying to load come of them causes the work area to go black. Recently, some of them have caused me to get a "fcw32.exe has stopped working and had to close" crash messgae.

Saving these maps in CC3 as bmp or png isn't helpful, because I can't seem to load them again, and the bmp or ping is of the low quality map.

Am I missing something? Sorry to bother you guys, thanks for the help!

Bryan
  • I never used the demo version, but it could be because it is the demo version of FT3 only exports lower qualities
  • Instead of saving as multiple files, do the following. I got it out as one map.

1) file -> save as CC2 file.

2) select a world type. I chose basic

3) click on export world

4) give it a filename.

5) click save.

6) click close.

Go to the folder you saved the file to, double clik, and CC3 should load it.
  • Posted By: JoeyD473I never used the demo version, but it could be because it is the demo version of FT3 only exports lower qualities
    I remember some years ago the demo mode was 256 pixels. It may or may not have changed.