Problems Saving new Sheet Style

With the lovely help from Ralf and Monsen I've made my own Hexagonal Battle tile based off the Annual Battle tile. Now I've saved it as a template however no matter what I do the sheet effects do not load with my template. I have to select it again and it places them in the wrong order which means for EVERY battle tile I have to reorder the sheets.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Comments

• Hmmm. Did you save it as an actual .FCT file extension CC3 template, or are you just inserting it as an .FCW map file into another .FCW map file to get your styles, sheets etc.? If you are doing the latter, that will cause any newly defined sheets to appear at the bottom (and without any of your sheet effects included either I believe). If you did save it as an actual FCT file (which it sounds like), I'm not sure what would cause that.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Note that empty sheets does not save with the file (Which means effects defined on those sheets are lost as well). You can work around this by placing an entity on each sheet, such as a single point. A point is infinitely small, so it won't be visible in the drawing. Use the POINT command to place points.
  • I saved the template as an .FCT but the sheets I set up for the Template will not save
  • Ah, here's what you need to do (as Monsen also said). Go to Layers and Unhide and Unfreeze the TEMPLATE layer. Make the TEMPLATE layer the active layer. Now select each of your new Sheets in turn and from the menu select DRAW -> POINT and enter 0,0 to place it in the command line prompt. Do that for each new Sheet so the point is on the TEMPLATE layer. Then go back in and Hide and Freeze your TEMPLATE layer. Then Save As a template again.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    There's a bit quicker way to do this: Show only only your new sheets, draw one point on TEMPLATE layer, then use "Copy to visible sheets" on that point to create a copy on all of your new sheets at once (that's how I do it here).

The "sheets without anything on them do not save" limitation is one we are aware of and want to fix in a future update. Unfortunately it's not quite as straight-forwards as it sounds.
  • Copy to visible sheets: Thanks Ralf - good tip!