iPhone -Android app

It would be nice to have an app to view CC3 maps and switch between layers. I'm using my iPhone more often for gaming.

Comments

• iPhone? There are still people waiting for over a decade for a Mac OS version of CC3! ;) :)

I know what you mean though - I've integrated my Droid X phone and my Droid Xoom tablet into every aspect of my life.
  • edited August 2011
    I'm from the generation that loves big screens, lol. Back when I was a young lad of 21, if someone suggested doing a lot of the stuff we did - like folks can do on cell phones now - the whole crowd would've said something like "Naaaaa - would never fly, too many people would get fed up with the eye strain!" Lol.

I like computers and real physical stuff like books and such, but too each their own! :)
  • I have, gee more lack of spare time stuff, working on using one of my ereaders to help me run a game of AD&D first edition.
  • jslaytonjslayton Mapmaker Moderator, ProFantasy
    Posted By: jaerdaphI've integrated my Droid X phone and my Droid Xoom tablet into every aspect of my life.
    I find that idea disturbing in so very many ways.
  • I'm thinking of something like CC3 View, but something that CC3 has to export to. I was thinking it would export all the layers into one file and the app could read and control the layers.
  • Posted By: jslayton
    Posted By: jaerdaphI've integrated my Droid X phone and my Droid Xoom tablet into every aspect of my life.
    I find that idea disturbing in so very many ways.
    Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
  • 11 months later
  • I just bought an Android Tablet and I'm turning my maps into pdf's to view for gaming but an Android App for viewing sure would be sweet!
  • 1 year later
  • pdjpdj Traveler
    I don't think your translation software did a very good job with that :(
  • 7 years later
  • My, two cents...PDFs with hotlinks work as a solution for me. You can easily build an "atlas" of an area AND copy/print protect the material for distribution. With the password feature you can even build player and DM versions, room by room reveals etc., in the same file.

• For those that don't have Acrobat DC (I don't) I used Powerpoint to create the links on the attached example. First I exported the maps a PNG files and imported the images into powerpoint on three different slides. Then I exported the file out of Powerpoint as a PDF file. The links are automagically embedded in the PDF. Click on the staircases to move from level to level in the building.

QuentenLoopysue
  • Great work. Thanks for sharing.

pkfrye