Fractual Land in Two

Can anyone tell me what is going on in this image, and more importantly how to fix it? I drew a solid fractual polygon with a bitmap fill and am getting this break across the middle.

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    Hi BeZurKur,

This is just a guess but, judging from the funky "backward"-looking islandy bits in the middle, it looks to me like you may have somehow crossed the line you were drawing as you went up or down at some point. It's happened to me when drawing polygons (fractal and non-fractal) and it usually results in something like that.

~Dogtag
  • Thanks, Dogtag.

I went back, zoomed in close and made sure the lines weren't crossing back on each other. The problem persisted. However, based on Dogtag's suggestion, I tried a regular polygon. At the zoom level I was in, I was practically drawing the fractuals freehand anyway, so I just followed through. The problem is solved. Still, I'd like to know why it happened in the first place. I suspect Dogtag is right in that something crossed over.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    I can't say exactly what happened there, I'd need to take a look at the FCW drawing itself.