Width of roads

I am new in this community and I use ProFantasy since about 2 weeks - so please forgive me my question, if you consider it as "ridiculous"...
My problem is: I would really like to change the width of roads to 0.200 or even 0.100 and I would really like to change the colour. I know where
to do this and I also know how. But it does not work. I had success with rivers, I did just the same. No success. Whats my mistake, what
did I forget? I would be glad about answers. Thank you!

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Are you trying to change existing roads in the map? Or are you looking to change the tool properties so that future roads will have the new values?
  • Hi Ralf, I tried both. I tried to change existing roads and I saved new roads under a different name. It does not work, neither width nor colour changes.
    Thanks for help.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    There shouldn't be any differences between how you to this for rivers, and how you do it for roads.
    Which kind of map are you making? Is it a standard overland map, or are you using some other type/style?

You say you saved your new roads under a different name. I am assuming you are talking about the road drawing tool here. There should be a preview window in the drawing tool dialog. When you changed the color, was the color of the preview changed, or didn't anything happen to that either? If it did change in the preview, but did not show up in the map, are you sure you actually used the new drawing tool you defined, and not the default one?

Feel free to attach your map here as well, so we can have a look at the actual map where you are experiencing the problem.
  • This brings me right to my next question: Where are my saved files? Normally in Programs / ProFantasy / CC3 but I can't find them there and so I can't upload them.
    But its strange - its no problem to open my files, I can see them under CC3 then. Something is wrong - but what?? Please help me. I am doing my first steps with CC3.
  • Forget my last post, I found my files. But they are too small, I don't dare to attach them here. I would hear your laughter down to my town.....:-))
    I will come through again and post after having tried a new file. Thank you so far!