Map Before CC3 Porting to CC3

Is it possible to take a map I already have, I have just the outline of landmasses, and move it into CC3 so I can use the tools it has to finalize design and landscape? Or is there some way I can trace it over?

This is kind of the deal breaker for me, as I would REALLY prefer to not have to redraw my map, only this time from scratch...

Thanks!

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    You can import a bitmap of your map into CC3 and use it to trace over the coastline. Save your map as a png file and use Draw > Insert File to place it into your map. The use the landmass drawing tool to trace over the coastline.
  • As Ralph said - and for extra refinement, put themap you're going to trace on the temporary layer so you can select it easily later.

I normally also create a sheet called temporary, move the map I'm tracing onto that, then move it up the sheet order so it's behind the coastline (or whatever lines I'm tracing) but in front of the filled outlines. That way I can see what I'm doing - the fills don't obscure the details I'm trying to trace.

This way, I can also hide the temporary sheet to get a look at how the overall image is progressing.