CC3 and problems with fractal polys

Hi,

I'm trying to draw hollow fractal polys in a blue outline. I am having trouble where when I get part of the way through the poly the line that I'm laying down dissappears (the previously laid lines still exist). The guide line still shows up but it won't lay down any new lines. Usually if I keep going the program crashes shortly after this happens. The problem always seems to occur in the same place when I try to draw polys, even if I exit and restart. It persists through saves and new maps as well. So my question is has anyone else experienced the same problems? I have tried "fixing" the install using the installer but that did not work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Frank

Comments

• jaerdaphjaerdaph Traveler
    edited April 2011
    If I'm understanding you and the polys you draw are disappearing, perhaps they are being drawn on a Sheet that is covered up by a Sheet higher in the draw order. What Sheet are you drawing them on?

Unlike the predefined Drawing Tools for a given map, when you use a command to draw something, it places the entity on the currently selected Sheet (and Layer). The drawing tools (for drawing landmasses, rivers, lakes etc.) automatically place things on the correct, default Sheet (and layer).
  • Fractalizing too much can cause a crash. I remember a discussion some time ago stating it was a Windows issue.

I don't fractalize continents, but I do small maps. About 3 clicks of the fractalize button.
  • Thanks guys for getting back to me,

Jaer, sorry for the misunderstanding what I meant was that while I am drawing he polys they disappear and then most of the time the program will crash. Jimp, if you're correct then that sounds like the problem. I was trying to do the Valendale tutorial which would explain fractalizing too much. In that tutorial you have to draw hundreds of fractal polys. Since it's a windows issue I guess there's no way around it for now. Stupid Vista. . . .

Thanks again for getting back to me.

Regards,

Frank
  • jaerdaphjaerdaph Traveler
    Sorry I misunderstood, Frank. JimP called it though. :)

One last thing (just in case) - have you installed the latest patch for CC3 from your Profantasy registration page? There used to be an issue with being unable to draw a fractal poly without first drawing a fractal path and that was fixed awhile back. Not sure if that might be related or not, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.