Jon Roberts Annual (51) - Need more symbols...

So first off, this is probably my favorite style to date.

However, I'm feeling kinda short of symbols. There are a lot of symbols, granted, but there's a dozen+ different hills and mountains but only one bridge running SW-NE. If you need a bridge going the other way... well no luck unfortunately. As well, a few more symbols of civilization would not go amiss.

So it leads me to some questions:

1. Who created the symbols? I'd be willing to pay for more if they became available.
2. If whoever created the symbols doesn't want to create more, my wife is a graphic designer -she'd do it for me if there was a small tutorial on what techniques were used in the creation.

Craig

Comments

• Hello!

I also like this style set and I would like to get more symbols (and some tools to create a forest with only tree trunks at the bottom of the area, like original Jon Roberts' design). A trick for using the SW-NE symbol as a SE-NW ridge:
    1. Select your symbol
    2. Right clic to display the "symbol parameters" dialog box
    3. Here, check "independent X and Y" which enable the Y scale text box
    4. In X text box, insert a minus ("-") before your factor, e.g. "X = 0.45" becomes "X = -0.45"

Doing so, your symbol will be "mirrored" and you can go with that.

Fallback: shadows and colors are not fitting well with the rest of the drawing style... But it is a start.

Another way to do the job is using a paint tool (Paint.NET, Gimp, Photoshop, ...) and edit the original image to get it the way you want. But this imply you got skills in painting, skills I don't have...

Regards,
  • Otherwise, you can ask your wife to draw some new montains and create a new symbol catalog or append them to the Annual one! There is a lot of doc about how to append/create symbol catalog arround!

Regards,