Select Coordinates

Is there a way to select a specific coordinates with the keyboard or numberpad? (Say I want my cursor right at 0,0, but it's hard to get right on point with the mouse).

Comments

• edited April 2011
    First off Im a newbie for CC3, although I used the original CC heavily. So there may be additional options that others can add. Depending on what command/tool you are using, when you are prompted to select a point, you can generally type in your coordinate. For example when adding a hex grid, you get a rubber-band box and are prompted to select your first point. At that time you can input 0,0 hit enter and it will anchor that point, then prompt you for the next point, which may also be typed in. Also, an interesting point, you can enter in a negative number, which I used recently to offset a hex grid. The offset amount below the origin was handily covered by the map border I had selected.
  • jaerdaphjaerdaph Traveler
    Yes you can. In the lower left corner of your CC3 window, you'll see the Command Prompt. Always keep an eye on that, especially when you select commands. That is where CC3 will ask you for what it wants - like your first point, which you type exactly rather than just click a point somewhere with the mouse.

More on numeric coordinates in CC3 online help: http://www.profantasy.com/cchelp/using_cc3/telling_cc3_what_to_do/hlp_cnc_ncoords.htm