Problem with Jon Roberts annual addition

I've bought and downloaded the annual 2011, but with the Jon Roberts one, mapping seems to work apart from at the start when I'm in the new wizard. Every time I attempt to add a compass rose or scale bar, the window shuts down entirely.

Anyone got any thoughts, experienced this?

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    edited March 2011
    That's a problem with the symbols included in the template, sorry. Please copy the attached FCT file over the existing one in CC3/Templates/Overland Maps/Wizard/.

I'll also be updating the March download.
  • 7 days later
  • edited April 2011
    I just got this wonderful looking style set, but having trouble figuring where/how find and use the terrain fills for forest and what looks like farmland from the sample map provided with the download.

Also, after installing the annual the buttons to switch between symbols (mountain, forest, etc) brings up a blank box. Will explain this more in a few, at work now and don't have the program available.
    That sounds like the Annual issue was not installed properly. If you are using Windows 7 or Vista, please make run the exe file again by right-clicking it and using "Run as Administrator".
  • Thanks for the suggestion, Ralf. That looks to have fixed the issue. At least when I make a new map, if I am trying to import a Fractal Terrains map and click on the terrain selection button and select the annual johnathan roberts style all I get is a selection of pastel colored shapes. Clicking on Advanced and Properties shows the use fill style selected but blank. Selecting the drop down menu shows many options, but none of them are the 51 annual files.

I am at a loss as to why it not showing up.
    The fill styles of the Jon Roberts style are not included in FT export by default, that's why you are seeing them in the drop down options. To change this, import (Draw > Insert File) a map with the fill styles into your FT export, then delete it again. You can use any Jon Roberts map you've created, or the one I've attached.