Corrupted file map gone?

I've been working on a new underground city map and was really far along. Something happened and now when I open the file the entire screen is white and nothing is in it, I guess somehow it got corrupted. Is there anyway to recover the file? I have a .jpg image of the city, but not the rest of the surrounding map around it, I had saved a jpg of only the city to print it out.

Thanks

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    It's always difficult to help with a potentially corrupted map without seeing it. Either post it here, or sent it to me at ralf@profantasy.com and I'll take a look at it.
  • Ralf,
    Thanks for looking at it. It is now only like 11k and it was a pretty good sized city map, so I'm guessing somehow everything got wiped out. Not sure why. Thanks for your help.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Yeah, I'm sorry, this map seems completely blank. There is nothing I can recover, not even a fill symbol. I have no idea what happened there, map corruption does not usually result in the complete loss of all data. No backup you have? No Autosave file that contains at least some of the map?

Sorry I can't be of more help.
  • Does CC3 save temp files or autosave files somewhere else in the system? I have autosave turned on every 5 minutes. Maybe I can restore one of those. Thanks
  • I save as by changing the filename a number upwards every few changes to the map.

filename01_001, then save as filename01_002, etc.
  • Posted By: waywardDoes CC3 save temp files or autosave files somewhere else in the system? I have autosave turned on every 5 minutes. Maybe I can restore one of those. Thanks
    Autosave saves on top of the previous autosave.
  • It was stupid of me not to have more backups, I did of a much older version, but not this one. Luckily I did save the map as a .jpg and it was pretty much finished enough, I just can't make anymore changes to it. Though I could save the map as a .png and then insert it into a new map and then just draw new stuff on top. I may do that to add a bit more detail to the map. thanks
  • That is basically how I take FTPro maps and turn them into CC3 maps.

'save as' a graphic file from FTPro. load a template in CC3 for an overland map. make a layer called bmp. Insert the bmp into that layer. draw a new map using the bmp as a guide. 'Save as' often throughout the process. Delete the bmp when done.