Everything goes White after a click

Apparently everything goes white when I scroll up or down, or click something. I loose everything, background, land all layers and textures on the canvas. I hit the redraw button or undo and no affect. I have no idea whats going on or why that would do that. When I open the the file back up everything is fine, and it will still have the same affect when I click anything basically. Any help would be good. I have an excellent start on a new map for a friends novel, I don't want to start all over.

Comments

• edited March 2011
    I've had this happen too.

Sometimes it's just my stupid mouse double clicking when trying to zoom, which zooms incredibly far in. Other times the window w/menus and all begins shrinking when I try to zoom back out with everything on the map gone like you describe.
    I cannot successfully reproduce the effect, and it happens so rarely that I've ignored it thus far, relying on recent and/or autosaves.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    It's always difficult to help with a potentially corrupted map without seeing it. Either post it here, or sent it to me at ralf@profantasy.com and I'll take a look at it.
  • Email sent ralf. IF you didnt get it, here is the file.
  • If you post in the open, then random people just help themselves ;)

It loaded just fine for me, but the images are big red "x"s since I don't have the source.

Everything scrolled around fine for me...so, I'm thinking it's a problem with rendering the bitmaps -- maybe they are big, or have something in them that CC3 doesn't like. Have you tried hiding them to see if you still have the problem?

Steve
  • Actually, I've seen the same behavior a handfull of times now. [Note that I've really only been using my CC3 for a week or two even though I've actually had it since '06]. I'll be doing something, clicking somewhere on the screen and my map suddenly disappears and it's just a white display area. Scroll up, down, zoom to extents, nothing seems to be there. What I've done when it's happened is just load up the autosave (!) and generally I haven't lost enough work to be too annoyed so I hadn't said anything. Just resumed where the autosave left off. It hasn't happened enough to really analyze details about what might be causing it. What I have been doing is trying to convert some older CC2 maps (mostly Judges Guild cities I've drawn) into CC3 as a means of finally getting familiar with CC3. I don't think it's been the same tool or command each time and I haven't actually tried to do anything else on the drawing when it's happened for fear CC3 would just then autosave again and I WOULD lose all my efforts since my last regular save.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    If you have a map where it happens and you can reproduce it reliably, save it and let me know.
  • It's happened on different maps at different times so I don't know about reliably reproducing it, but next time it happens I'll save it anyway.