Contour Draws on the Wrong Layer

I'm learning CC3 at the moment, and having some issues with the contour tool.

I have a contour layer, and I'm trying to add a new contour. I select the contour I want from the advanced menu after right-clicking the contour tool (desert, dark). I select the contour layer as the active layer, so I can draw the contour on this layer.

I makethe contour. The contour box at the top of the screen says I am drawing on the contour layer. When I am done and go to apply effects to the layer, they do not apply, because what I have drawn has been assigned to the Land layer.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Terrain Features like the Desert drawing tool usually go on the LAND* sheet and NATURAL FEATURES layer - note that layers and sheets are two different things.

Drawing tools will select these automatically for the entities they draw, but you cahnge it by clicking on the "Properties" button in the advanced view. If you put an asterisk after the sheet name, you can use custom sheets if the tool. For example, the desert tool has "LAND*" for the sheet setting. If you create a new sheet LAND DESERT, and select this as the current sheet, deserts will end up here.

Hope that helps.