The Case of the Disappearing Lake

I want to put a lake on my map. I've drawn said lake probably 10-15 times. I save the map, click somewhere else, and *poof*, no lake. I've had this problem on more than one map, so I'm beginning to suspect a bug in the program. Help??

Comments

• FarsightX3FarsightX3 Traveler
    edited March 2011
    Your sheets might be out of order. Click on the Sheet button and move the lakes below the symbols. That helped for me. If that is not your problem, are you adding symbols with two different catalogs? If so, that could also be a problem. I hope that helps. If not, maybe Ralf or Monsen will comment soon and help you out. Good luck
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    As FarsightX3 pointed out, this is a sheet issue, so as he said, check your sheet order. Additionally, make sure you use the actual Lake drawing tool, as the sea drawing tools are intended to go below landmasses.
    Note that all drawing tools draw on top when used, the entity is only moved to it's real position on the next screen redraw.

If you wish to use a drawing tool designed for another sheet, you can do it in one of two ways:
    1) Just draw the entity, then use the move to sheet command to move it to the desired sheet.
    2) Most drawing tools look at the start of the sheet name. For example, the default CC3 style lake looks for sheets starting with the word RIVER. If you create a new sheet starting with the same name, and make this sheet active before starting the drawing tool, the entity will end up on this sheet instead of the default one.
  • yeah.

top of sheet list
    Ocean
    land
    lake
    bottom of sheet list

Other sheets left out for purposes of 'illustration'.