Do I have what I need?

I've got CC3, City Designer 3, Dungeon Designer 3, Fractal Terrains Pro, Character Artist, and some Symbol Sets.

I want to create and print "actual size" dungeon layouts so the maps can be laid on the table and the miniatures placed directly on them during game play. (I'm tired of using dry erase markers.)

Is there anything I need to know?

Thanks.

~Patrick

Comments

• OK. I just downloaded the CC3UsersManualNew.pdf and found the section on printing battle mats for miniatures on page 35.

If I have any further problems, I'll come back and whine about it.
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Traveler
    If you haven't allready done this you can download the free Battle Tiles Cartographer's Annual Special issue and the video tutorials that go with it.

http://sub.profantasy.com/2009/special09.html
  • 14 days later
  • OK, I started following along with the online video tutorials and quickly encountered a problem. While using the New Drawing Wizard, I had some problems with the Fill Styles. (See the attachment.)

Can anyone tell me what's wrong and, more importantly, how do I fix it?

Thanks.
  • And another problem. I have CC3 and CC2, though I haven't used CC2 for years. The first attachment shows my About box.

And I just realized that I can't add a second attachment to this message, so I'll post this and continue in the next comment...
  • (Continuing from the previous message.)

But when I click on "Default Sea" in the upper left corner... (see attachment)
  • I get this pop-up message... (see attachment)

A "CC2" error message?

I'm going to be really perturbed if someone tells me that I have to re-install this whole convoluted package of products again.
  • To get the Sea tools, make sure you are in CC3 with an overland template as the tools are tied to specific templates. As an example; you won't have access to the sea tools when drawing dungeons in Dungeon Designer 3. ( DD3 is an add-on for CC3.)
  • Posted By: JimPTo get the Sea tools, make sure you are in CC3 with an overland template as the tools are tied to specific templates. As an example; you won't have access to the sea tools when drawing dungeons in Dungeon Designer 3. ( DD3 is an add-on for CC3.)
    I know what DD3 is, and CD3, the Character Artist tool, and the Random Dungeon tool, etc. I was in CC3 doing an overland map.
  • i tried an experiment with my copy of CC3.

I loaded a cosmographer deck plan template and clicked on sea tool, I got the error you did.

I loaded a prespectives template, clicked on sea tool, and i got the error you did.

I loaded a surface map template, clicked on sea tool, and it loaded.

All I was asking was to make sure you had an overland template loaded. otherwise the sea tool won't show up.

I think there is a way to add it to a template, but I don't know how to do that.
  • Here is how to add a drawing tool to any particular map template if it isn't already there. FIrst, select the "All map drawing tools" button. Next, in the "Style" selection box, select the map style that includes the tool you want to use. Finally, select the specific tool you want to use. From now on that tool is now included in that particular map, and can be used from the quick selection tool button (eg. the "Sea tools" button).
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Posted By: PatrickHOK, I started following along with the online video tutorials and quickly encountered a problem. While using the New Drawing Wizard, I had some problems with the Fill Styles. (See the attachment.)
    Hi Patrick,

which drawing style are you using for your map? Those RS fills aren't in my default overland style (and shouldn't be).
  • I was following the CC3 Video Tutorials at http://www.profantasy.com/community/cc3_tutorials.asp

On part B of the tutorial the Map type was "Overland Map". On the next tab of the wizard the speaker on the video (Joseph Sweeney) said to select "Decide settings myself". I continued following the tutorial when it got to selecting a background fill style, I decided that I wanted to use something different from what Mr. Sweeney was using in the tutorial and started poking around at the other choices. That's when I got the result I posted above.

I don't know if it would help to know what packages are installed on my computer, but I've attached a screen shot of my registered Profantasy products (sans serial numbers) below.
  • Well, clearly I did something wrong, but I have no idea what. I just re-did from scratch another map following the same steps I thought I did last time. This time, no buggy behavior.

Chalk it up to (probable) operator error.