SS1 Update, WIN & Pro, and .Net 2 Framework

I've tried to install the SS1 update and it advises me that I need the .Net Framework 2.0. I'm running Win7 Pro (64 bit) and have the .Net Framework 4 installed.

I guess I can install .Net Framework 2.0, though I'd rather not, but will the SS1 update recognize the 64 bit version?

OTOH, will the SS1 V3 upgrade work with .Net Framework 4.0?

Thanks much

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The SS1 v3 version doesn't need the .net framework at all, so you can have whatever versions you want.

As for the 64-bit version, I have no idea, but since CC3 is a 32-bit program I would stick with the 32-bit version of the .net framework as well, especially since it doesn't sound like you will need it for something else. Note that the .net requirement is only really required by the installer. You can uninstall it afterward if you don't want it sticking around.
  • Thanks for the reply.

I've been away from this for a while and am just reinstalling the software on a new system.

The CD says it's SS1 V3; it installs OK; but, I don't see the SS1 graphic in CC3. I see the graphic to choose SS3 Modern, but not SS1. I haven't attempted to load my SS2 symbol set yet.

I did upgrade/update CC3 to the V3.42 so that shouldn't be an issue.

I'll continue to play with it inasmuch as the .Net Framework 2.0 doesn't seem to like my environment and I'm wondering if it's a 64 bit v. 32 bit issue. I'm running Win7 pro so it ought to work in Compatibility mode...we'll see. :)

Again thanks...
  • There is no icon for SS1 and SS2. You just use the select symbol link under Options where the symbols are.

The left column is to show current symbols or what is in the map by clicking it.

The folder column just to the right of that, is to load symbol sets which appear below these two selectors.