Placing symbols and shapes on specific sheets

I was just wondering what the easiest way to place a symbol or shape on a specific sheet is, when it's being placed or drawn?

It *seems* like, regardless of the sheet I've selected as current (by using the "Sheets" function and putting a check mark on the sheet I want to be active), the software wants to put the symbol or shape where it wants to.
I then have to use the "Move to Sheet" function to transfer the symbol or shape to the sheet that it I want it on.
I'd like to be able to make a sheet active, after which anything that's drawn or placed would then be put on that sheet.

And off topic here, but what would be the scale in order to print a square grid at 1.375 inches?
I'd like to produce map tiles with squares slightly larger than 1 inch, and it looks like using squares of 1.375 would fit fairly nicely on 8.5 x 11 inch paper. It'd produce a 6 x 8 grid of 1.375 inch squares, and use 8 x 11 inches of each sheet.

Thanks in advance.
Kevin

Comments

• Well, one of CC2s problems was that it would sometimes put a symbol on the most recent layer you were working on, instead of say tree symbols going on vegetation.

One of the changes we requested for CC3 was all symbols go to Symbols sheet. I think there are some exceptions, but that is the way I remember it.

You can then right click on Change Properties icon on left side of CC3, and move to another sheet that symbol.
  • underling, Click the Options button at the top of the Symbol Catalog Window and uncheck Symbols choose their own sheet. Symbols will now be placed on your currently selected Sheet.