Artist Maps and adding details

I'm sure it's been covered before, and if so please forgive me as time is short at the moment, but I have an artist drawn map in .jpeg form that I would like to import to my CC3 and add details to. Could someone point me in the right direction as to how to do that? I have the ultimate tome of mapping, but can't seem to find the directions for this, but I might be missing it entirely.

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• i have two tuorials that show how to import a map. You will have to convert from jpg to either bmp or png. I use the free Irfanview, a very good program.

Large map to small map, a different method than the one in the books, no trimming

Joining maps, so the edges, roads, rivers, etc. match.

Basically, you determine the miles/kilometers wide and tall the map is. If a standard template isn't the same size, use the overland map wizard to create a template.

Sorry, I'm not going into details covered by the web pages, but I've been rather ill this morning. Something I ate Friday doesn't like me.

But those two tutorial pages should be all the info you need, maybe this tutorial would be useful to: Fractal Terrains to CC3 map very basic instructions

I wrote them for CC2, but they still work for importing a graphic onto a layer all its own and tracing over it in CC3.