The Cartographers Annual Vol 2 (2008) - Problem

Hello,

I have been trying to get back into the learning/mapping mode with CC3, which I totally dig, just wish I was better at it.

Anyways, I need help! I installed the The Cartographers Annual Vol 2 (2008) and it didnt seem to have any issues during install, but, none of the mapping style packs seem to have been applied. I can see them in the CC3 folder, and when I look at the PDF of the style example, it looks great, but when I open the example in CC3 its all icky, as if it was using something else.

And if I try to make a map, and pick that style, I get what must amount to blanks for the style. I took a screen shot of what I mean:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9865752/MapProblem.jpg

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and fiddled as much as my limited understanding of how CC3 works, and to no avail. So I turn to you guys, as I did not find anything about this problem when I searched this forum.

Can you help me? PS: The basic CC3 works fine, just no dice with the Annual :(

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    I can't see much in your posted screenshot, it just looks like a blank template to start from - which is as it should be.

Is that the Fantasy World style you're using? How does it look, if you draw a landmass? Don't forget to apply sheet effects to get the finished look. Without them, maps can look quite different.