Annual 2007 - 06 - Mapping Guide Parchment - some symbols behave strange

I recently tried to start mapping with the style provided in the annual 2007 issue 06 and discovered a problem that I have been confronted with earlier.
In the provided file CA06_Example02.FCW all symbols for background design (stains etc.) CA06_Parchment.FSC can be placed without problems.
But when trying the same with a new file using the parchment template surprisingly the first three symbols (CA06 Stain 1, CA06 Stain 2 and CA06 Stain 3) cannot be placed on the map (the contours of the symbols do not show up while moving the cursor over the map) while all other symbols (from the fourth symbol and further on) can be placed on the map without any problems.
So my question is if someone has the same problems and has someone got an explanation for this phenomen? (and maybe a solution for of getting rid of this behaviour?)

Thanks

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited January 2011
    To fix it, you need to show the TEMPLATE layer. It is hidden by default when you make a new map of that style. Unhiding it will allow you to both see the outline when placing, and see the placed symbol (If you have tried placing symbols with the TEMPLATE layer hidden, you will see these appear now).

Seems like these symbols has been defined on the wrong layer, which causes a problem when this layer is hidden, even if the symbols are not placed here (Same problem as when the SYMBOL DEFINITION layer is hidden for "normal" symbols)