How to export images at predictable dimensions?

Howdy! I'm enjoying the software very much. Trying to get the map data from the program? Not so much, actually.

I'm trying to use my Dungeon Designer maps in d20Pro, which requires me to export images as PNG. So far so good. I can use the "Save As..." and use the "Rectangular section PNG" options. Still going well. But here's the sticking point:

I need every "square" on my grid to be 50 pixels by 50 pixels. If I "print" the map, I can give a scaling factor... but I can't apparently do the same when exporting an image.

My only option that I've found is to click on "Options..." in the save dialog, count up the number of squares I'm going to be exporting (By counting them. By hand.) and then setting the Width and Height by multiplying squares by 50.

Naturally I'm not impressed by this, as it's much more error prone than what I'd prefer :) However, I wouldn't be surprised to find that I've missed some option somewhere. So what do you guys do to get your maps from CC as an image with predictable dimensions?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Either counting the squares or using the Distance tool (Info menu) are the best options for this. Counting squares is the fastest if there aren't too many of them, using the distance tool is easiest if there are enough squares to make them tricky to count fast.