Symbols keep disappearing for Cosmographer

I'm trying to draw my first spaceship and would like to place chairs, command stations, etc. in the drawing. I can insert the symbols just fine, but when I go to another area for other symbols, the previous ones are gone. They also disappear when I click the page in which all the symbols can be seen at once without having to scroll them. Anyone know why the symbols don't retain?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited December 2010
    This is most probably because of your sheet setup. Sheets define the order on which entities are displayed, and if you have entities on a sheet later in the draw order, they will obscure your symbols.

The reason why you can see them immediately after placing them is because CC3 don't redraw the screen for each symbol placed, because this would cause severe slowdown on complicated maps. So it just places these on top untill the next redraw. Once you do anything that causes a redraw, the symbols will be drawn in their correct place in the sheet order, and will thus be hidden if you have entities in the same place on sheets lower in the drawing order.

Try entering the Sheets and Effects image box and experiment by hiding and reordering sheets until you get the desired result. Remember that the sheets at the bottom of this list are the sheets drawn last, and therefore ends up on the top of everything else. So any sheet below the Symbols sheet in this list has the potential to cover up your symbols if it contains large entities.
  • I agree, that's where the problem lies. I am drawing the floor area using a circle. When I remove this layer all the symbols appear. For some reason when I use circle or arc to draw all the symbols hide. Any idea how to fix that?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    You are probably placing your entity on the wrong sheet. If you are using the basic Circle/Arc tools, they do not choose their own sheet. So if you are using them to draw floors, make sure you have selected the FLOORS sheet as your current sheet first.

You can also use the Change Properties tool on the already drawn shapes to move them to the FLOORS sheet.

Note. Make sure you don't confuse sheets with layers.