Copy question

I am working on a map, and I have my text labels on the text sheet. Its a big forest with lots of elven villages and I have an "elven" font. Is there a way to copy the whole text sheet to another sheet, so I can easily have labels in english and elvish?

Comments

• jaerdaphjaerdaph Traveler
    edited December 2010
    I would create a new sheet (TEXTELVISH, for example), *right* click on the Copy command button and select Copy to Sheet from the drop down list, select all the text on the TEXT sheet, right click then Do It, then select theTEXTELVISH sheet from the list.

You can then hide the TEXTELVISH sheet and relabel in English (another font) on the TEXT sheet. From then on, just Hide whichever sheet you don't want showing.
  • One point: if you copy the text from one sheet to another, the original copy will stay on the original sheet. You can go through and erase each text label individually and redo the text in another font one at a time.
  • excellent! Thank you very much I knew there had to be a way but couldn't find it. I do want both the text on both sheets. an english sheet, and an elvish sheet!
  • You might think about leaving the text all on the same sheet, and just putting them on different layers.

That way, they all get the same effects (from the sheet) but you can still hide and unhide the appropriate layers.

Either way works, you just might find this organization a little easier.

Steve