publishing

Hello,

I own CC2, CD2, and DD2. I'm going to be publishing a module and I was wondering what redistribution rights I had to the predefined symbols in those three products.

I won't be publishing the raw CC2 files, so the actual symbol data won't be there. But I do plan on selling as PDF and as printed product on Lulu - am I allowed to use the symbols? The PDF will probably have embedded EMF vector data rather than rasterized images.

Thanks,

Pat

Comments

• You might wait for Ralf, or Roger, or someone else from Profantasy to post.

But in the past they have said your maps are your own.
  • Just wondering - what about the Annuals? Are they covered under the commerciald license? Or can you only use the basic symbol sets that come with CC3/DD3/CD3? Same with the Fantasy Overland and Dungeon Symbol pacts?

As far as I can understand, you can sell products that include maps and battlemats made with the Profantasy software, but you cannot sell products that are only maps and battlemats (if I read the license right). As an alternative, I guess you could sell the modules and include the maps/battlemats as free downloads on a supporting website. Of course these products would have to be free for anyone visiting the site and not dependent on sellinig the product. Definetly best to double check with the the Profantasy guys though. Best of luck! :-)
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Instead of waiting for answers for license/usage rights questions here, you should really contact ProFantasy directly. You'll get a much faster response, and it will be an official ProFantasy answer.