[Problem] Windows 7, CC3, I uninstalled - now will not re-install

I'm hoping someone can help me here. I seem to have messed something up and the installer will not re-install.

I tried the Tome, then removed it and found CC3 crashing, so I ran the CC3 repair and then the CC3patch9 repair, still had a problem with it crashing when I opened any template.

I then uninstalled (ran both uninstallers), restarted the PC and tried to re-install CC3 - it will not do so. Once I click the "Accept terms and conditions" box and hit next, it just hangs there and windows tells me it stopped responding.

I copied the installation files to my XP system and they worked fine, also the program no longer crashed there.

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing the installation program to hang at this point? I deleted the ProFantasy folder in case something left behind was the issue, no difference.

Is there something maybe left behind in the registry that I have to remove? Any other ideas?

Really hoping someone can help here :) (I'm running System Mechanic 10 to see if it finds anything, but I doubt it will show up as an obvious fault.)

Comments

• Well, System Mechanic didn't find a problem so that just leaves something pretty unfindable being to blame :)

I'll just re-install Windows 7 (after backups of course) and see if it will behave after that.
  • Re-installed Windows 7, then put CC3 back and it worked fine - no idea what went wrong, it may have been the uninstall process, it may have been Windows 7 hiccupping.

Working fine now, off to look at the Annuals :)
  • If you put CC3 into C:\Program Files\ that would be the problem. Otherwise, more details needed.
  • Posted By: JimPIf you put CC3 into C:\Program Files\ that would be the problem. Otherwise, more details needed.
    I did install it there, yes. There is obviously some issue concerned with that decision of which I am unaware? I put it there again the second time *chuckles* so I hope this is not going to bite me on the bottom later.
  • Windows 7 and Vista have security settings that don't like changes to take place in the C:\Program Files\ folder. I have my install in C:\Profantasy\CC3\ due to that.
  • I had forgotten about that - hmm, I'll hopefully be able to work around it if I'm careful. Thank you.
  • 14 days later
  • edited December 2010
    Actually I also have problems with Window 7 since yesterday.
    Somehow all my Terrains got completely messed up and weird sheets appeared which have just strange symbols as a name.
    I had thought I did something wrong (not familiar with CC3 yet), but now it seems it's really a Windows 7 issue.
    When I tried to correct these back (talking about DD3 terrains, namely Grass Dry 3, Grass Dry 4 and Grass Dry 4T in all variations (curved, fractal and straight) I get a crash of fcw32.exe.

I completely de-installed everything (CC3, DD3, COS3, SS1, SS2, SMC, TTC and Annual 08) and re-installed it all (on D:\Program Files\ProFantasy\CC3) but it keeps crashing.
    Also downloaded the Update 10 and ran it, no help.
    Also downloaded the file for the problems with the "Break" with corridors.

My problem is that I'm really bad computer-wise, so instructions how to correct anything would need to be written for dummies :-(

Anyone else having problems with Windows 7 ?

Umm, actually this might help:
    http://www.profantasy.com/service/technical.asp?Q=&ID=67
    Will try tonight, hope it works