Creating Random Streets with Ruins symbols from CA40

I can normally create random streets quite easily. However this time I am using the Black and White CA40 Cities.

What I want to do is use the random street tool, but limit the house style to the ruins symbols.

Any ideas?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited November 2010
    I don't think you can do that. The houses drawn by the random street tool are not the house symbols from the symbol catalog. I don't think there is a ruin house style available for the street tool. Meaning you'll have to place those ruins manually along the street.

Edit:
    There is a house style for ruins, but I don't believe this is what you asked for, as it is intended for use with the CD3B Style, and it doesn't look anything like the ruin symbols in the CA40 house catalog.
  • Thanks for the info.

Is the random street tool hard coded or is there a way to add to the list of symbols it lets you choose from. Under street setting when you right click the random street tool it lets you choose from various CA25s, CA40 Default, CA40 Huts, CA40 Huts Dispersed, CA40 Narrowly Spaced, CA40 Villas, and CA40 Widely Spaced, plus CD3As, Bs, and Cs, and last choice is Street with Current Settings.

I wonder if I made a custom CA40 Ruins, with nothing but the ruins symbols, would it show up in the above list?

I am familiar with how to create my own symbol catalogs from the standard catalogs.
  • Hmm after fiddling a bit more I see better what you mean. Changing the various CAs or CDs changes STYLEs, not the actual shape or art of the random street tool. Bummer.