Breaking the land mass in half

I was wondering if there is a way to split my map into two land masses. I had my world go through a cataclysm and it split the cont. into two land masses, and was wondering if the program can do that? If it can't maybe a feature added in the future that can allow us to cut islands off our map or split into 2 masses. thanks

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    There should be several ways to get this done:
    - Just make a copy of the landmass, then use the edit feature of the landmass drawing tool to remove one of the halves from each drawing
    - or draw two new landmasses, using the trace feature of the landmass drawing tool to trace parts of the coastline of your old landmass (then deleting the old one in the end)
    - or using the cut/break tools, remove undesired parts, draw new parts, and then combine them back into polygons again
  • Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    There ought to be an easier way to do this. I'll think about it.
  • I dont have a cut/break tool, I am using CC3 but cant find that tool. Please inform me of where it is. Thanks
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    There's "Split" and "Break" on your left toolbars, pretty much at the bottom. The process is a bit involved:

- Delete your black outline of of the landmass (if any).
    - Now use "Split" at the two points where you want to separate the piece from the landmass. This will turn your polygon into two paths.
    - Use "Path to Poly" (right-click Explode button) to turn the two paths back into polygons.
    - Use "Outline" on the two polygons to recreate the black coastline.
    - Move one piece aways from the other to separate them.
  • Oh thank you thank you that helped so much, I will let you know how it turned out might even post the maps, before and after!