Editing Entities

Hello!

This is a very newbie question: I did something to my map, and now I can't edit my coastline - meaning that the deleted portions show up as white, but when I press redraw, nothing happens. However, the islands that I've created in the same map as a test after discovering this problem edit just fine. As far as I can say, I was in the same sheet and layer in both instances.

Thank you in advance!

An addition - It seems that I somehow unpaired the "coast/sea" layer and "relief" layer and now have to edit separately the outline and the coloring (fill?). Is there a way to restore the default setting ? No such issue exists with moving/rescaling entities, just with editing.

Comments

• Are the layers frozen ?

Is this just one map ? Or any map you make with the same template ?
  • edited November 2010
    Thank you for responding!

This is what happened more precisely:

(1) I was editing my continent as usual, then suddenly any new island came up with a double outline. Meaning, there was a dark line marking the coast and another parallel line tracing it just inside the outer line. I have no idea how this happened: I was not messing with anything and just finished working with one island and moved to the next. Nothing was wrong as far as I could tell with my one week's experience. The only frozen layer was "Template." In this original map I can still edit down all of the islands except for one of them (I could not tell how it was different from all the others!). [ADDITION - it looks as if the problem with the double line was that the line width was set for 2. I am now learning to change it - the issue with editing is still there, though]

(2) Not knowing what to do, I thought that I must have inadvertently changed some setting and so copied all of my islands to the clipboard and pasted them into a new map. Now my new islands were outlined properly (with just one line), but I could not edit anything down (I could still add new land to my islands but could not cut off pieces of them). The only frozen layers were Grid, Map Border, and Template.

Sorry this sounds muddled!
  • Any have a solution for this ?
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    I can't say much about this without looking about the actual map. Post it here if possible. if not, send it to me at ralf@profantasy.com.