PNG Image Export Opens as Black Screen on Mac

Using CC3. For some reason, when I save my map as a PNG file, it opens fine on Windows XP, but when I try to open it in Mac OS X the image is just a plain black "screen" (same pixel size though). And it's even the same file size. What on earth is going on?

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Have you instaleld the latest update fopr CC3 (Update 9)? If not, does the same problem appear afterwards.

Try to open and re-save the png in an external image editor like Irfanview, Paint or so. Does that correct the problem?
  • edited September 2010
    Posted By: RalfHave you instaleld the latest update fopr CC3 (Update 9)? If not, does the same problem appear afterwards.

Try to open and re-save the png in an external image editor like Irfanview, Paint or so. Does that correct the problem?
    I will not be able to access my Windows machine until later this evening (Eastern Time, US), but on my registration page, it says I have the most current version (I am a newbie--just downloaded CC3 last week). However, I will double-check my version number to be sure.

I will try your re-saving suggestion as well tonight.

When I saved it as a bitmap, it seemed to work like normal. It's the PNG format that is giving me an issue. Maybe it has something to do with the compression? We'll see. Thanks for the suggestions!
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited September 2010
    Posted By: GraceMusikbut on my registration page, it says I have the most current version
    Your registration page doesn't keep track of patch levels, only major upgrades. To check if you have update 9, do a help -> about and make sure you have CC3 version 3.41. If not, download and install Update 9.
  • I just checked, and my version is 3.11, lol. Guess I need to update :-)