How to draw Forlorn Pass

I have owned Campaign cartographer for years, but it has been collecting dust for most of that time. I recently decided to plow into it and try once again to learn it. I am attempting to draw a relatively simple map in the style of the Forlorn Pass map in the manual. I am stuck on three things:

1) I have the SS1 symbol set and the 2007-2009 annuals, but I do not see all of these mountain symbols. I see a few mountain symbols in the"Hand Drawn" library. Where else should I be looking?

2) How does one make these dots that the author (Schemmann) used for the desert? I see a dozen tool for lines. I can't seem to find a tool to draw dots.

3) How does one adjust the size of the dashes in dashed lines? Even the "small dash" line style makes dashes that are half as wide as my map.

Is there a tutorial somewhere to accompany this "Forlorn Pass" map?

Thank you.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    1. All the mountain symbols in the Forlorn Pass map is available in #Symbols\Maps\SS1\Handdrawn\Hollow\Mountains.FSC. Note that you can also just load the map itself as a symbol catalog. The original map is available as an fcw file among the examples for issue 6 of the 2007 annual.

2. The desert is a symbol, from the Vegetation catalog: "HD Fill"

3. Bring up the "Line style" dialog, select your desired style, then hit the "Edit button"
  • Thanks for this. I am having trouble finding and selecting symbol libraries (that problem is in a different thread, and need not be addressed here), but once I get that figured out, I may have more questions here. :)
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Remember you can always load a catalog directly by clicking on the load symbol catalog button right above the symbol display and manually browse to the catalog instead of using the quick catalog buttons.