Cosmographer 3 Question

I just purchased the new version and was checking out the Traveller Sector maps. I noticed that some of the planets had a halo around the planet symbol. I am not referring to the travel zone (Amber, Red). These are right around the planet symbol and are a bunch of different colors (Red, Green, Purple, White, etc). They seem to be of different thicknesses as well. What do they represent?

I also noticed on the Sector Aerenfors.FCW map in subsector L there are White and Grey Travel Zones and was wondering what they are?

I like the sheet effects on these maps. They look pretty cool.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    One change I did to the subsector names was to create a new sheet with a glow effect like that of the text sheet. I then moved the new sheet up to between borders and text background. I took all the subsector names and put them into the new sheet. In the properties of the subsector text I changed the color to 240 that is a light grey so that the text of the system information would stand out more and not be covered by the subsector text.

Attached is an example.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Posted By: Torg SmithI just purchased the new version and was checking out the Traveller Sector maps. I noticed that some of the planets had a halo around the planet symbol. I am not referring to the travel zone (Amber, Red). These are right around the planet symbol and are a bunch of different colors (Red, Green, Purple, White, etc). They seem to be of different thicknesses as well. What do they represent?
    They represent the atmosphere of the planet. Breathable, corrosice, alien, etc. with the thickness representing the size.
    Posted By: Torg SmithI also noticed on the Sector Aerenfors.FCW map in subsector L there are White and Grey Travel Zones and was wondering what they are?
    Travel zones U and F (check the smybol defintions). To be honest I don't have a clue what they mean in the Traveller universe.
    I like the sheet effects on these maps. They look pretty cool.
    I'd recommend moving the subsector names on the sheet TEXT BACKGROUND.
  • Posted By: Ralf

I'd recommend moving the subsector names on the sheet TEXT BACKGROUND.
    Sounds good. I was thinking of text background as how we added shadows before you guys add sheets to Campaign Cartographer.

When I look at the symbols on the map I see different planet symbols based on percentage of water. A planet with water of 1 only has a couple spots of water while a planet of water 5 has a fair amount of water on the image. I can’t find the symbol catalog that has these symbols.

I can’t find any documentation either.
  • My download page said the Essential guide wasn't available yet.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Posted By: Torg Smith
    When I look at the symbols on the map I see different planet symbols based on percentage of water. A planet with water of 1 only has a couple spots of water while a planet of water 5 has a fair amount of water on the image. I can’t find the symbol catalog that has these symbols.
    The Traveller symbols for the automatic import are in a special place (because they can are named to conform to the import routine). You can find them in CC3/System/Traveller/Symbols/.
  • Posted By: Ralf
    Posted By: Torg Smith
    The Traveller symbols for the automatic import are in a special place (because they can are named to conform to the import routine). You can find them in CC3/System/Traveller/Symbols/.
    Thank you, I like the way they are set up to show the world based on the amount of water covering it. I know it is hard to tell two planets that are one off because of the size they are on the map, but I like that kind of detail.